Tutorial #1 - The Chic Natural
Tutorial #2 - Vee Pee Jay
How To Create A Straw Set on Natural Hair
Materials You Will Need:
- Bobby pins
- Staws (cut in half) - available at Target and most grocery stores
- Styling cream or jelly
- Wide tooth comb
Tips for Creating A Straw Set
- Choose a good styling or holding cream. The stronger the hold, the more defined your curls will be. Look for a styling cream that smooths your hair and gives it shine.
- Leave your straw set in for 2 days before taking it down. If you style your hair over the weekend, leave the staw set in for 2-3 days so that it will be defined when you take it down.
- Part your hair in small to medium sized sections when styling. The smaller the sections, the more volume your hair will have when finished.
- Style your hair when it is wet. This will ensure curl definition and smoothness.
**If you have thinning edges: apply an all natural holding gel like Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Souffle, Qhemet Biologics Honeybush Tea Soft Gel, or California Baby Jelly Mousse to your edges and brush them back gently with a SOFT bristled tooth brush. You can also wear a silk scarf or headband. (Note: All of these gels provide a very soft hold)
What are your styling tips for creating a straw set?